1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
Coarse salt and ground pepper
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast (1 ½ lbs), cut into 1 inch pieces
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 4 teaspoons lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
½ English cucumber, halved crosswise and thinly sliced
2/3 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes halved (2 cups)
Cooked long-grain white rice, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, combine onion and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
2. In another medium bowl, combine chicken, lemon zest, and oregano; season with salt and pepper.
3. In a third medium bowl, make tzatziki: combine cucumber, yogurt, parsley and lemon juice season with salt and pepper.
4. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through (about 10 minutes).
5. Add tomatoes to pickled onions and serve with chicken, tzatziki, and rice.
NOTES (from Miranda)
I usually make the chicken first to let it marinate a little, then make the pickled onions and tzatziki. I let those refrigerate until I’m done cooking the chicken. I also use basmati rice instead. Other things – I use a regular cucumber since I can’t tell the difference once it’s all mixed up in everything. Enjoy!
(source – Miranda Johnson)